Recently I’ve been getting a lot of questions about developing spiritual gifts. I’m going to share a bit about how to turn them on, how you can develop them, and why you might want to.
But before I say anything about that, I need to clear up a point that a lot of people get stuck on.
Spiritual Gifts Aren’t The Goal
Sure it’s nice to be able to know things before they happen, or get deep insight into a person in a few seconds, but it’s not the point. This is not the point of spiritual development. It’s just a byproduct.
Once you get to a certain point of spiritual development, you will experience more clairvoyance (clear seeing), clairsentience (clear feeling), clairaudience (clear hearing), and claircognizance (clear knowing). That’s part of the deal. In fact, this is discussed at length in ancient Hindu and Buddhist texts. Yogis, monks, and nuns have been “coming down” with these abilities for centuries.
And how did it happen? It happened because they were pursuing something else entirely. These people were pursuing Heaven/Nirvana/Moksha. They were pursuing Divinity. The abilities just happened because once you get close to God, you become, well, less human (or more human depending on your perspective).
So, while I will share some of what you can do to improve and enhance your gifts here, know I do it not to help you obtain abilities. Honestly, I just want you to get right with God/Universe/Source.People become intuitive because they're pursuing Divinity. #spirituallife #psychic Click To Tweet
The biggest obstacle to gift development is actually getting these puppies on. Most people say children have some intuition and then quickly turn it off because of all the social messages they receive.
I’ll be honest – I’m not sure this is true. I love kids. A lot of kids have uncanny knowledge about things, but I’m not willing to say all children do, at least not in the way these statements imply.
The fact is some of us start out with more circuitry for this sort of thing than others. Some of us have an easier time turning these abilities on, and some of us, just always had them.
There are 5 ways you can turn on spiritual gifts:
- Being born intuitive – this is the easiest because you don’t have to do anything!
- Traumatic experience – which is usually some kind of abuse, accident, or terrible illness – and not recommended!
- Near-death experience – a specific kind of trauma that often allows your spirit to pass through the veil to the other side – also not recommended!
- Pregnancy – unfortunately this only works for fertile women within a certain time-frame – and has no guarantees!
- Consistent disciplined spiritual development – the surest bet, and also takes the longest amount of time and largest commitment.
If the first four of these don’t apply to you, and you want to begin the path of spiritual development, I would advise a few things:
- Get a teacher or guide. This can be in the form of a book, class, workshop, community, or 1-on-1 mentorship. You want someone who has been through the process. Before you buy anything however, please do your research and make sure the person is the genuine article.
- Start meditating. There are plenty of ways to do this. Pick one you like and do it on the regular!
- Start reading. There are plenty of blogs and books about these topics. If you genuinely want to know more about something, the best thing you can do is read.
Developing Spiritual Gifts
So let’s say you’ve finally got your gifts on. And now you feel like you have no fucking clue what’s going on with life, the Universe, and everything.
First, this is totally normal. Gifts can be really overwhelming, especially when you’re starting out. Think of your 13 year old self, just coming into the next phase of your body. Everything was overwhelming, right? The hormones and changes caused all kinds of drama, pain, confusion, and frustration.
It probably took you until you turned at least 16 to get to a place where this new body could become a source of joy.
Well, that’s where you are when you begin with your gifts. It’s like puberty all over again, but it’s psychic, and therefore invisible to most people, and highly stigmatized!
Now aren’t you glad you started this journey? Ha!
Don’t worry. It does get better – by developing spiritual gifts with consistent practice and effort! That’s the whole point of development – you hone your skills and get to a place where you feel good about them.
For this reason there are a few things you need to make sure you’re doing on a regular basis:
- Cleaning your energy body of any negative energies lingering from the day (this can be done with cord-cutting and or grounding techniques. To learn more about these, be sure to attend my Gift Development workshop on February 9th here).
- Meditate – this is one of the most important practices in a psychic’s arsenal. Every psychic and intuitive regularly meditates, at least a little bit.
- Paying attention to your intuitive experiences – write down your experiences in a journal or notebook so you can reference them later. This will help you pay more attention to the information you get, as well as see how it shifts and changes over time.
Where to Go From Here
The information in this post is a good starting point for beginning your intuitive journey, but it is just a starting place. If you want more guidance on this, I strongly recommend that you attend my LIVE Gift Development and Connecting with Your Guides Workshop on February 9, 2018 at 10 AM Pacific. We’ll be discussing more in depth techniques around:
- The path to turn on gifts
- Meditations (as well as specific recommendations)
- Easy guide connection
- PLUS intermediate and advanced spirit guide relationship-building.
When you buy your ticket, you’ll have access to a private group of like-minded people, lifetime access to the workshop recording, plus a workbook-guide to help you hit the ground running! For everything you’re getting, this is an incredibly affordable opportunity to spend time with someone who is a born intuitive that had to restart her abilities, as well as has a DEEP and EASY relationship with her spirit guides (hint: it’s me!)!
Make sure to get your ticket here!
Latest posts by Alexis Donkin (see all)
- Developing Spiritual Gifts: Yes, You Can Become Psychic! - January 29, 2018
- Like A Goddess: A Plan for The New Year - January 8, 2018
- Bullet Journal Ideas for the New Year - December 18, 2017